We are all imperfect, flawed, in need of praise, reassurance, love ... When we slip into sadness, self-pity, remorse, sometimes we need to forgive our "stinking thinking" and just move on. So today, I forgive myself.
- I forgive myself for turning to others when I was supposed to turn to God.
- I forgive myself for, in those times when God gave me the go-ahead to turn to others, turning to people who would only hurt the situation rather than turning to those who would help. What I did is tantamount to gossip and is wholly unproductive.
- I forgive myself for the days when I allowed myself to sink into the recliner with the remote in hand instead of handling issues that needed handling.
- I forgive myself for the moments when I allowed myself to be overwhelmed by circumstance.
- I forgive myself for the days when I ignored reason and ate piles of Little Debbie snacks, potato chips, and the like, knowing they weren't really what I was craving.
- I forgive myself for being too hard on myself and others.
Will I mess up? Of course I will. We all do. However, I know that I can always step back up on course. How about you? What could you do with a clean slate? Why not find out?