Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gratitude, Day 1

Around this time of year, we tend to consider those things for which we are thankful.  Many of my friends have taken it a step farther and have begun posting on their Facebook feeds something for which they are thankful as a daily exercise for the month of November.  What an excellent idea!  Today's post will be the first in a series reminding myself that, no matter how dark things can seem at times, there are always reasons to be grateful.  If you'd like to join, please feel free. (=

Today, I had the happy opportunity to spend the entire day with my son (who just happened to have the day off from school due to a teacher inservice day).  It's been months since we've had a day off together, since my schedule has me working Friday - Tuesday, and his routine is Monday - Friday.  We actually used part of the day for productivity, cleaning the living room a bit and putting together our new vacuum cleaner.  The majority of the day, however, was spent just lollygagging, and it was wonderful. (=

So, today, I'm thankful for my son and the time we do get to spend together.  He won't be here with me forever, and I am so grateful for the moments we have.


No comments: