Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude, Day 18

I am thankful for my Tupperware Stack Cooker.  I did all the prep work to make frozen breakfast burritos tonight.  I cooked my bacon in the oven, following a method I found online.  While it was cooking, I broke up a pound of sausage into the colander of my Stack Cooker (with the cone in the center).  With the colander in the larger piece of the Stack Cooker, I put on the lid and microwaved it for 2 minutes.  Then, I broke up the sausage a bit and cooked it for 2 more minutes.  Done!  No muss, no fuss!  And the grease dripped down through the colander into the larger casserole dish, which meant no draining to do.  When it had cooled a little, I put the sausage into my chopper and gave it a few spins to make it easier to distribute when it's time to add it to the burritos.

My burritos are a little different from the recipe on the site above.  I didn't use the hash browns for starters.  Instead of spinach, I chopped half a vidalia onion and a whole red bell pepper (after removing the stem, ribs, and seeds).  And obviously, I've added sausage to the mix.  I'll let you know how they are. (=

No comments: