Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gratitude, Day 11

It may seem the pat response, given that today is Veteran's Day, but I am thankful for all those who have served and all those who are serving in the armed forces.  I am very proud and thankful to have been raised a "military brat," and I'm proud and thankful that my brother chose to follow in his father's footsteps by joining the Corps (Semper Fi!) when he finished high school.  I'm proud of and thankful for the years my husband served in the Navy, the years his brother and sister-in-law served in the Army, and those my stepson and his wife are currently serving in the Air Force.  I'm also extremely grateful that they all came home from their respective "ports of call" safely; I know not all do.  For those who did not, I tip my hat and say a special prayer of thanks for the sacrifices each made.  Thank you to each and every one of you.

No comments: